Home. Programmes

Frequently Asked Questions

Check out our answers to some of your questions below. If you want further details, please reach out to us.

Generally, there are no tuition fees when studying at public universities in Germany except for the universities in the State of Baden-Württemberg. Even then, public universities in that state charge 3000 euros per year, which is relatively affordable when compared to other countries that are popular study destinations. Therefore, most of your spending in Germany will be on food, accommodation and daily sustenance.

With over 380 recognised universities and over 17000 programmes offered in Germany, you can practically study almost anything in Germany, ranging from Medicine, Engineering, Natural Sciences to Humanities, Linguistics and Cultural Studies.

Since a number of years ago, after the Bologna Reform, Germany has been offering international degrees such as Bachelor’s, Master’s and PhD with comparable number of semesters to your local university in Malaysia.

Study Germany does not offer scholarships for any specific study programmes. However, there are institutions such as the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), which offers many scholarships for international students to study in Germany at various degree levels and Erasmus+ for studying in Europe generally. Of course, there are smaller associations and groups which do offer scholarships from time to time for distinguished students, usually at postgraduate level.

It largely depends on the institution and the type of qualification you are trying to earn. For example, you can enrol in a Dual Vocational Training (DVT) programme with an SPM certificate. University entry typically requires 13 years of schooling, which means a Malaysian student can usually apply directly to a university after completing STPM, Cambridge A-levels, or International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma. There are also special foundation programmes which accept eligible and motivated students, and prepare them for studies at partner universities, such as the Freshman Programme. Please do not hesitate to get in touch

The language of instruction of most university courses are in German. There are very few courses in English although the number is growing, especially with postgraduate courses. The generally accepted certificates are TestDaF, DSH, DSD, Goethe and TELC. For English courses, it is usually IELTS or TOEFL.  However, even if you do enrol in an English course in Germany, it is highly recommended that you learn basic German for daily usage and a generally better quality of life as well as experience living in Germany. For further info on English-instruction Bachelor’s degrees in Germany, feel free to contact us.

Before applying for university courses in Germany, a couple of important factors need to be considered, such as the prior qualifications and language requirements needed for the respective course, and whether the course takes place during the winter semester (which is the usual case) or the summer semester. This information can usually be found on the university’s international office website. For the actual university application, there are two main ways to apply for universities in Germany, either directly or through established portals such as UniAssist, depending on the university. Since university applications can sometimes be complicated, don’t hesitate to contact us for further assistance.

While both types of institutions offer the typical Bachelor’s and Master’s degree, a Fachhochschule (University of Applied Science) is more practical-oriented and offers courses mainly in engineering, natural sciences and business administration. If you prefer a study approach that is closely related with the industry and want to directly enter the working world after graduating, a Fachhochschule would be the ideal choice. If you would like to go further into the academic line or research, or move up to PhD, a University might be more suitable for you.

International students are required by the government to have a minimum of 853 euros per month to sustain themselves financially. However, in general, students in most cities can live comfortably with around 750 euros per month.

Most universities don’t offer accommodation upon enrolment, so it is entirely up to the student to search for their own housing. There are a variety of options to choose from, ranging from student residences, shared accommodations to private apartments. The cost of living is slightly higher in big cities in the western regions of Germany (Hamburg, Cologne), as well as well-known student cities (Freiburg, Heidelberg) in comparison to cities in east Germany (Leipzig).

Yes! If you are a full-time student from outside of the EU, you are allowed to work up to 120 full days or 240 half days.

Yes! As an international student, after successfully finishing your studies, you can apply for a visa to stay in Germany for another 18 months for work seeking purposes.

Get In Touch

Let’s get in touch!
Please do not hesitate to contact us for more information.
We are ready to assist you in achieving your study abroad dreams!